What exactly is ECP?
- Many people call it “the Morning After Pill”.
- You may get ECP at pharmacies and community wellness clinics. You don’t need a prescription.
Who is able to simply just take ECP?
- ECP is safe for pretty much every feminine human body. You shouldn’t make use of ECP once you learn you will be expecting (for the reason that it won’t work).
Whenever might I would like to simply just take ECP?
- Penis-vagina sex was had by you but weren’t making use of any birth prevention, or perhaps you genuinely believe that the delivery control you utilized may well not been employed by.
- You missed a couple of birth prevention pills in a pack along with been penis–vagina that is having without any other type of contraceptive.
- You had been significantly more than a week later for the planned contraception shot.
Note: ECP can be used if also you had been obligated to possess penis–vagina intercourse. In such a circumstance, you might like to phone the intimate Assault Crisis Line at 204-786-8631 or 1-888-292-7565 to talk with a counsellor for help choices.
When can I just just take ECP?
- Swallow the supplement together as quickly as possible following the sexual intercourse.
- You don’t need to just just just take any longer pills down the road. It’s a good notion to sleep after.
What will ECP do?
- If taken within 24 hours of unsafe sex, it will reduce steadily the likelihood of maternity by about 95%.
- If taken within 48 hours of non-safe sex, it shall reduce steadily the odds of maternity by about 85%.
- If taken within 72 hours of unsafe sex, it shall reduce steadily the likelihood of pregnancy by about 58%.
- ECP may build up to 5 days after non-safe sex.
- You could expect your duration within 1-3 days of taking ECP. Visit your medical care provider or perhaps a grouped community wellness centre for the maternity test in the event that you don’t get the duration within 3 months.
Exactly what will ECP maybe maybe not do?
- ECP wont counter maternity all of times.
- ECP wont stop a maternity if you’re currently expecting.
- ECP will likely NOT protect you against intimately sent infections (STIs) including HIV.
What are the relative side-effects?
Severe unwanted effects are rare. Minor negative effects could add:
- Spotting or bleeding between durations.
- Your duration will come at a various time than typical .
- Nausea (experiencing ill towards the belly) and vomiting (puking).
- Abdominal (stomach) discomfort.
- Feeling or headache tired.
If these symptoms last more than 2 times, contract your medical provider.
Could I simply take such a thing to get rid of queasy?
- A lot of people don’t feel nauseous after taking ECP, you could just take a half or a whole anti-nausea capsule thirty minutes prior to taking ECP to prevent sickness (puking).
- In the event that you vomit within 2 hours after using the product, it may not work and you will require another dose. Keep in touch with a pharmacist when you can, to learn how to handle it.
- You are able to contact a pharmacist or community wellness centre to obtain information.
May I just take ECP whenever i’ve condomless intercourse?
- Utilize ECP as crisis contraception just. It’s safe but problematic for the body to procedure.
- You don’t want to get pregnant, use a more reliable method of birth control, such as birth control pills or condoms if you are going to have penis-vagina sex, and.
just What i’m pregnant if I take ECP and don’t know that?
- ECP will maybe not end an existing pregnancy.
- There’s absolutely no proof that ECP will damage a fetus.
What must I do when I complete using ECP?
- Utilize a trusted birth prevention technique that best suits you, if you should be having penis-vagina sex.
- When you yourself have birth prevention pills, you can begin an innovative new pack immediately after using ECP. You don’t have to wait patiently for the duration to start out.
- In the event that you don’t get a period of time within 3 months after using ECP, you might be expecting and really should start thinking about a property maternity test, or finding a test done at your medical provider, teenager clinic, or community wellness centre.
- It is possible to head to a community health hospital or speak to a general public wellness nursing assistant about birth prevention, STI tests, a Pap test, maternity test, abortion, use, parenting, or any other health conditions.
wemagine if I have expecting despite using ECP?
- If you should be expecting, speak to a counsellor at a residential district wellness hospital or health that is public immediately.
- Consider carefully your choices while making the choice that is correct for you.
wemagine if I can’t pay for ECP?
- ECP costs around $30-50.
- If price can be an issue, take to calling your district wellness center or women’s wellness centre. If you’re under 22 yrs old you’ll be able to contact a young adult hospital.
Where may I have more information?
- From your own medical care provider, community wellness hospital, or general public wellness nursing assistant. If you’d like a health that is regular provider, call the Family Doctor Finder at 204-786-7111 or toll-free at 1-866- 690-8260, or head to http://www.gov.mb.ca/health/familydoctorfinder.
- Through the known Facts of Life online: email your concerns to email@example.com.
- From a teenager center if you’re under 22 years old.
SERC thinks that most folks have the best to get into unbiased intimate and reproductive wellness information and solutions. They need to likewise have the chance to explore their values and attitudes for making informed choices that are most suitable for them, and now have those choices respected and supported. SERC supports and defends a person’s that are pregnant to select parenting, use, or abortion.
Developed in collaboration with Klinic Community health insurance and Literacy Partners of Manitoba 2007